System approved and approved by the Directorates-General of Industry throughout the national territory and evaluated by the ICIM LAB laboratory according to R.D. 1523/1999.
Tests could be done with product into the tank.both ullage portion and product-filled portion could be tested with Rafibra-VSN, and of course, empty tanks may also be tested.
In accordance of R.D. 1523/1999 Tank Tightness Tests have to guarantee to detect a leak of at least 100 ml/h (0.022 gph) and they have to be evaluated through ICIMLAB Laboratory.
After 9 years from R.D. 1523/1999, publication Laboratory is already built and working, that means that all tank tightness tests have to be checked by ICIMLAB.
Rafibra-VSN’s system is the result of the R&D made by the company in collaboration with the most important national laboratories and universities in this field of study; It has been evaluated and has successfully passed all the laboratory tests made in accordance with rule 53968, obtaining the Metrologic Confirmation Certificate of Rafibra-VSN system.
- Accuracy is so high, that our system can detect leaks below 1 ml/h.
- Environmental changes, such as pressure, temperature and humidity, do not affect the system (traditional methods were very affected by these changes)
- The test is made with the fuel in the tank and with the volume contained in the time of the test.
- When the leak is detected, no fluid is spilled, because vacuum can be held in the tank until the fuel is removed.
- The test is not aggressive.