Fuel tank leak detector system approved and approved by the Directorates-General of Industry throughout the national territory and evaluated by the ICIM LAB laboratory according to R.D. 1523/1999.
Tightness tests could be done with product into the tank.both ullage portion and product-filled portion could be tested with Rafibra-VSN, and of course, empty tanks may also be tested.
In accordance of R.D. 1523/1999 Tank Tightness Tests have to guarantee to detect a leak of at least 100 ml/h (0.022 gph) and they have to be evaluated through ICIMLAB Laboratory.
After 9 years from R.D. 1523/1999, publication Laboratory is already built and working, that means that all tank tightness tests have to be checked by ICIMLAB.
Rafibra-VSN’s system is the result of the R&D made by the company in collaboration with the most important national laboratories and universities in this field of study
The underground tank testing system has been evaluated and has successfully passed all the laboratory tests made in accordance with rule 53968, obtaining the Metrologic Confirmation Certificate of Rafibra-VSN system.
- Accuracy is so high, that our system can detect leaks below 1 ml/h.
- Environmental changes, such as pressure, temperature and humidity, do not affect the system (traditional methods were very affected by these changes)
- The test is made with the fuel in the tank and with the volume contained in the time of the test.
- When the leak is detected, no fluid is spilled, because vacuum can be held in the tank until the fuel is removed.
- The leak detection undergroun test is not aggressive.